OUR FACILITIES
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH SALEM. OHIO
20200715_103817

20200715_103817

SM..8x10 FPC winter-1

SM..8x10 FPC winter-1

15941088_1428138990561968_36265889677836

15941088_1428138990561968_36265889677836

20200715_103436

20200715_103436

77268709_3309801802395668_22128903477411

77268709_3309801802395668_22128903477411

FB2

FB2

171227644_5416740595035101_7155992035897

171227644_5416740595035101_7155992035897

946118_1047386791970525_6856898148915116

946118_1047386791970525_6856898148915116

DF66CC45-E2F5-4466-AA76-A31F50757833_edi

DF66CC45-E2F5-4466-AA76-A31F50757833_edi

BDAE04CE-84F0-4A09-BCD5-42434A851438

BDAE04CE-84F0-4A09-BCD5-42434A851438

IMG_5223

IMG_5223

FB1

FB1

32834801_1759237050766242_37083374999536

32834801_1759237050766242_37083374999536

Bibles_edited

Bibles_edited

Bibles

Bibles

0ADC0AC9-B9E2-4FB9-827D-5037028C31AC

0ADC0AC9-B9E2-4FB9-827D-5037028C31AC

IMG_5361

IMG_5361

131889985_4892148704160962_8984777169852

131889985_4892148704160962_8984777169852

32829101_1759236957432918_49841083363801

32829101_1759236957432918_49841083363801

13433348_1153312391377964_26808427049374

13433348_1153312391377964_26808427049374

48257088_2357455477661916_16239824108466

48257088_2357455477661916_16239824108466

58461672_10219244487406314_4251828872112

58461672_10219244487406314_4251828872112

49035888_2467220149987175_67273119870274

49035888_2467220149987175_67273119870274

24991502_1828900283819168_19703614740483

24991502_1828900283819168_19703614740483

22308537_10215140107116368_8036639221354

22308537_10215140107116368_8036639221354

1483230_1084116141630923_466795071417101

1483230_1084116141630923_466795071417101

FB3

FB3

The Salem Presbyterian church was organized

and enrolled in the Presbytery in 1832 with 20

charter members. For the next 10 years

the congregation met in a harness shop

until a wooden frame building was

constructed and used until

1860, when the current block

stone and brick sanctuary

was built.

In 1938 a

large two story

brick building was erected east

of the sanctuary consisting of meeting

rooms, kitchen, classrooms and offices. The

sanctuary was remodeled with a new colonial bell tower,

new front entrance, new pews, choir loft and new Mohler organ. 

15941088_1428138990561968_36265889677836

15941088_1428138990561968_36265889677836

IMG_5223

IMG_5223

IMG_1303

IMG_1303

IMG_1300

IMG_1300

IMG_1301

IMG_1301

Bibles

Bibles

0ADC0AC9-B9E2-4FB9-827D-5037028C31AC

0ADC0AC9-B9E2-4FB9-827D-5037028C31AC

IMG_5361

IMG_5361

IMG_1315

IMG_1315

IMG_1294

IMG_1294

IMG_1291

IMG_1291

Bibles_edited

Bibles_edited

IMG_1297

IMG_1297

IMG_1289

IMG_1289

IMG_1287

IMG_1287

IMG_1276

IMG_1276

IMG_1281

IMG_1281

77268709_3309801802395668_22128903477411

77268709_3309801802395668_22128903477411

In 1972, the renovation was completed in the sanctuary moving the choir to front facing, the organ moved to the west wall, ceiling replaced and brass light fixtures were installed.  In the following years a kitchen upgrade, new heating and cooling system, handicapped ramp and lighted flagpole were installed.  A gazebo located

in the Peace Garden, Preschool playground and extensive landscaping all combine to make an

oasis of hope and refuge in

the neighborhood.

What has been

constant over the years is

our congregation’s commitment to each

other, to mission and to Presbyterian doctrine. 

Our building at the corner of Second and Lundy shines

as a beacon of light to the Salem community whose mission

remains to glorify God and enjoy him forever.